Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  4agers - Ed : (25 August 2013 - 08:41 AM) Hey folks! Thought I would check in and check things out a bit.
@  Lucy : (14 August 2013 - 09:35 PM) It's good go have Chums up and running again!
@  MrDotOne : (14 August 2013 - 06:30 AM) I like how you can tie your geochums account in with your Facebook account Posted Image
@  whistlen : (13 August 2013 - 09:25 PM) New Look? Thanks for keeping it alive!
@  2trux : (13 August 2013 - 05:52 PM) Glad to see it back!
@  MrDotOne : (11 August 2013 - 10:41 AM) Looks like the site is slowly coming back Posted Image

Photo

Harvest Happening In Sandusky!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 BlackBrownDog - Mrs. BBD

BlackBrownDog - Mrs. BBD

BlackBrownDog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • Interests:Well, I used to knit, scrapbook, cross stitch, bead, and play guitar, now I geocache. <br /><br />I am an orthopedic/sports physical therapist at the University of Toledo Medical Center. I am also responsible for the P.T. of the the UT Rockets. I am married, with a dog (Emmy) and fish as pets. I like mexican food, Tigers baseball, tasty beverages, great lakes freighters/lighthouses, music, birds...all sorts of things! <br /><br />My parents are beginning to cache in NWO/NEO as Bluegrass &amp; Greenthumb! My sis is FROGaROO, she moved to Akron 8/05 (school year only)!<br /><br />We like the long hike in the woods with an ammo box at the end, also we like cemetery caches with a purpose of educating others about local history!<br /><br />Happy Caching!<br /><br />Jen

Posted 01 October 2007 - 03:27 PM

Let's help out EMP...

It should be pretty similar to the Take a Hike event! Hope to see you, if you aren't being a gangster! Sorry that there is a conflict with another area event, but the park picks the dates, not I!

Jen
Isn't Ottawa County in Northwest AND Northeast Ohio? Close enough!
I <3 South Bass Island!!!

#2 MissLatitude

MissLatitude

Chum Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts
  • Interests:Geocaching of course! But I also dig books, puzzles and Law and Order

Posted 01 October 2007 - 03:35 PM

gansta's
EMP
NWO Cito...

and I have to move....
looks like I might have to miss all the fun!!!
LoCo is where it's at!!!

You're just jealous cause the voices only talk to me!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

#3 shawn_woerlein

shawn_woerlein

NCOGeocacher

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 03:51 PM

Have this one marked...will check with the brains of the operation when she gets home smile.gif
Shawn A. Woerlein
shawn_woerlein
AKA: Crawford County Geocachers
swoerlein@gmail.com

http://www.ncogeo.com

#4 LuvWahoo

LuvWahoo

I like LASTing but I'd rather be caching

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,209 posts
  • Interests:Cleveland Indians, Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavs, rubber stamping, gardening, hiking, Scrabble and tangleword.<br /><br />NOT house cleaning... :p

Posted 01 October 2007 - 06:21 PM

With the gangsta thing on Sat, that leaves Sunday for this event. It's both days, right????
Cool jets!!

Bring Back Virtuals

laster than Langsmith. Official 100.000th last poster

Go Tribe!

Go Browns

Maybe the Browns had a bad year, but I love 'em anyway!
Go Cavs

#5 MysticOne

MysticOne

Chum Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE(LuvWahoo @ Oct 1 2007, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With the gangsta thing on Sat, that leaves Sunday for this event. It's both days, right????
Cool jets!!

Nope, both are on the 13th.

#6 LuvWahoo

LuvWahoo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,209 posts
  • Interests:Cleveland Indians, Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavs, rubber stamping, gardening, hiking, Scrabble and tangleword.<br /><br />NOT house cleaning... :p

Posted 02 October 2007 - 12:13 AM

But the Harvest Festival event page says they will be there Saturday and Sunday...it's a 2 day event!!

Bring Back Virtuals

Go Tribe!

Go Browns

Go Cavs

#7 MysticOne

MysticOne

Chum Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 07:53 AM

QUOTE(LuvWahoo @ Oct 2 2007, 01:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But the Harvest Festival event page says they will be there Saturday and Sunday...it's a 2 day event!!

The park event is 2 days, but the geoevent is on Saturday.

#8 LuvWahoo

LuvWahoo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,209 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 09:05 AM

But they will be there both dqays, and I betchya they will let you log it either day, there's just no way to put 2 dates on the top of the page!

from the cache page:

We will have a tent in Osborn Park to educate the public about geocaching from 11-5 on Saturday and Sunday.

Bring Back Virtuals

Go Tribe!

Go Browns

Go Cavs

#9 BlackBrownDog - Mrs. BBD

BlackBrownDog - Mrs. BBD

BlackBrownDog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • Interests:Well, I used to knit, scrapbook, cross stitch, bead, and play guitar, now I geocache. <br /><br />I am an orthopedic/sports physical therapist at the University of Toledo Medical Center. I am also responsible for the P.T. of the the UT Rockets. I am married, with a dog (Emmy) and fish as pets. I like mexican food, Tigers baseball, tasty beverages, great lakes freighters/lighthouses, music, birds...all sorts of things! <br /><br />My parents are beginning to cache in NWO/NEO as Bluegrass &amp; Greenthumb! My sis is FROGaROO, she moved to Akron 8/05 (school year only)!<br /><br />We like the long hike in the woods with an ammo box at the end, also we like cemetery caches with a purpose of educating others about local history!<br /><br />Happy Caching!<br /><br />Jen

Posted 02 October 2007 - 01:37 PM

Marci, you are correct, Harvest Happenings is both days.

#10 LuvWahoo

LuvWahoo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,209 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 02:18 PM

Great! So everyone can stop out on Sunday if they attend the event on Saturday!
Woohoo!

Bring Back Virtuals

Go Tribe!

Go Browns

Go Cavs

#11 MysticOne

MysticOne

Chum Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE(LuvWahoo @ Oct 2 2007, 10:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But they will be there both dqays, and I betchya they will let you log it either day, there's just no way to put 2 dates on the top of the page!

from the cache page:

We will have a tent in Osborn Park to educate the public about geocaching from 11-5 on Saturday and Sunday.

You were right, I was wrong. A thousand apologies. I will carry the shame for all my years. wink.gif

Maybe next time I will actually READ the cache page. Still can't make it, I think. I will probably be walking with my brother & nephew as we do the Towpath Trek. Will the fall walking programs ever end! (No I did not do the Erie County one. I have to draw the line somewhere!)

#12 LuvWahoo

LuvWahoo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,209 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 10:13 PM

Not a big deal, just never forget it!
tongue.gif

Bring Back Virtuals

Go Tribe!

Go Browns

Go Cavs

#13 shawn_woerlein

shawn_woerlein

NCOGeocacher

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 09:26 PM

Jen,

Nicole and I plan to be there on Saturday. I added the date to NCOG as well, so perhaps a few more will come.

We should be there for at least a couple of hours. Might be a little later than 11AM. Have to hit 11 caches in Vermillion EARLY EARLY EARLY Saturday morning, so I can be set for 250 milestone on Sunday (AJ's Treasure Island, Island Cache at HOover Reservoir in Westerville, OH).
Shawn A. Woerlein
shawn_woerlein
swoerlein@gmail.com

#14 BlackBrownDog - Mrs. BBD

BlackBrownDog - Mrs. BBD

BlackBrownDog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 05:34 PM

if you get a chance, stop by the Harvest Happenings...we'll have a booth again tomorrow.

There's AWESOME chili, TRI-TIP sandwiches (wow!), healing raptors, tractors, fair food, hay rides, and I have 5 caches in the queue!

Also, we are now hooked up with representatives from East Harbor State Park, Johnson's Island, GSA, BSA, and the Criminal Justice Program at EHOVE to do programs on GPS/geocaching! (in addition to Sandusky Parks and Rec and Erie MP) Woot!

#15 shawn_woerlein

shawn_woerlein

NCOGeocacher

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 06:24 PM

BBD.....if you want to do a rough cache at East Harbor, if and when the time comes, get ahold of me. We have held events there for the past 6 years, and there is 1 spot that will blow your mind smile.gif

Had a great time at the event today, and the steak sandwich and the chili were AWESOME!!!!!

Hope to get back up to the park to find the caches once they have been listed. We opted out today so we could set our 250 on Sunday. We did manage to do the webcam cache before it disappears again!
Shawn A. Woerlein
shawn_woerlein
swoerlein@gmail.com