Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  4agers - Ed : (25 August 2013 - 08:41 AM) Hey folks! Thought I would check in and check things out a bit.
@  Lucy : (14 August 2013 - 09:35 PM) It's good go have Chums up and running again!
@  MrDotOne : (14 August 2013 - 06:30 AM) I like how you can tie your geochums account in with your Facebook account Posted Image
@  whistlen : (13 August 2013 - 09:25 PM) New Look? Thanks for keeping it alive!
@  2trux : (13 August 2013 - 05:52 PM) Glad to see it back!
@  MrDotOne : (11 August 2013 - 10:41 AM) Looks like the site is slowly coming back Posted Image

Photo

International Geocaching Day!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 SerenityNow

SerenityNow

Shibby Chum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Interests:GEOCACHING!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:59 AM

Today is International Geocaching Day August 18!

Just in case you haven't heard, here is what groundspeak has to say about it:

Earn a souvenir as geocachers unite on August 18 to celebrate International Geocaching Day. It's a day devoted enjoying what you love geocaching. Geocachers who log an "Attended" at an Event Cache or a "Found it" for another cache type on International Geocaching Day earn a souvenir for their Geocaching.com profile page.

We must overact our part in some measure, in order to produce any effect at all.
-- Dante

The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.

-- Saint Augustine

Nietzsche is dead.

-- God

#2 Dame Deco

Dame Deco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:18 PM

I got mine before 8 am! I know there are quite a few events going on in NE Ohio, but I just have too many other things to do today! One thing I don't like--they named it Second blah blah blah, so it doesn't sit next to the other one on your Souvenir page. Wish you could rearrange souvenirs!

#3 SerenityNow

SerenityNow

Shibby Chum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Interests:GEOCACHING!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:54 PM

We had a good time at the International Geocaching Day Spectacular!!! in Ashland, Ohio on Saturday. That, plus the caches we hunted earned us the souvenir. Yippee!!! very happy.gif

Where did you other Geochums cache to earn your souvenir?

We must overact our part in some measure, in order to produce any effect at all.
-- Dante

The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.

-- Saint Augustine

Nietzsche is dead.

-- God

#4 JoesBar

JoesBar

Chum Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts
  • Interests:Exploring. Geology. Astronomy. History. Ya know, all the boring stuff.

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:30 AM

I scored three in Chicago. One while at the lakefront watching the air show.

#5 Muddy Dawgs

Muddy Dawgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:31 AM

We earned ours on an all day caching trip to Medina County. We completed the Medina County Natural History Mystery Quest and ended the day with 41 finds and no DNF's! The Mystery Quest series had a lot of hiking through 7 of the well maintained Medina County parks. If you like hiking in parks, it's a great series. The weather was perfect for the day and for the hiking.

#6 Ms.CallaLily

Ms.CallaLily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:44 PM

I spent a good part of my morning out in LaGrange looking for Suzyjazz's "Passing Along the Love" (for the fourth time!)

I was hoping to get lucky, find it quickly, and go on to have a qualifying Level 15 Pyramid day, but after spending a full 2 HOURS there with billguru (HE FOUND IT!) I was too tired to do any more geocaching.

I suppose that I should have at least gone on to make an actual find somewhere myself, but I DID go geocaching on International Geocaching Day!

tongue.gif
Ms.CallaLily

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

#7 GeaugaGarmin

GeaugaGarmin

Zip Zip Zip

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,427 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:40 AM

Found mine a short distance from Punderson State Park where I was camping for a long weekend.
G.G.
Caching since 2002
Geocacher's Code: Safe, Legal, Ethical
"Will Walk For Cache."

#8 AHOLLYS

AHOLLYS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:Geocaching, Girl Scouts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:41 AM

I got mine caching in Sandusky. I was up to run a half marathon the next day(19th). So I took the day before to cache all over Sandusky and Huron. I did the Lighthouse cache. It was very cool.

#9 LandGSmith

LandGSmith

Gone cachin'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,410 posts
  • Interests:Geocaching, WheresGeorge, hiking, going to S's swim meets..she is 9 and can swim faster than G!!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:05 PM

i found a cache in cuyahoga falls on the 18th without realizing it was International Geocaching Day!
SL&G aka Slandgie

Mr. Official last Post Laster in last VER 1.0 #42453

99,999th last poster...missed it by THAT much!

Post #123456!!

W00T W00T!